This round of Pestilence Scourge is coming to an end. I hope that all of you had lots of success and reached your goals. If you still have problems to overcome, we are here to help!
Let’s start with Scourges!
Scopely tends to change Scourges often, so it might happen that some of the current Scourges will not be available in the next Pestilence Scourge. If that happens, the article will be updated.
Active Scourges (point Bonus is enough to reach 1.5 million points and reach the Final Milestone in the second Leaderboard):
- Quality Minions – Summoned enemies gain +20% Max Health (1 point)
- Not so fast… – When a player gains Ability energy, apply Slow to them (3 points)
- Whole Latte Power Enemies generate 1 Additional Ability Energy each time they generate Ability Energy (5 points)
- Devil’s Bargain II – When A Player Character Gains Ability Energy, They Gain Defense Down (7 points)
- Gloating – When Any Player Character Dies, Enemies Gain 2 Ability Energy (7 points)
- Unkillable – When an Enemy Drops Below 50% Health, They Gain Deathproof (10 points)
- Poisoned Energy II – When A Player Character Gains Ability Energy, Apply Defense Down For +1 Turn er Ability Energy Gained (12 points)
- Power Fatigue I – Player Character Special Abilities Cost 1 More Ability Energy (17 points)
- Too Clever – When A Player Character Uses Their Special, They Gain the Ability Block (20 points)
Scourges that can be additionally activated to boost the score without essential impact on the battle mechanics:
- Experimental Serum I – Enemies Gain +10% Max Health (1 point)
- Experimental Serum II – Enemies Gain +20% Max Health (5 points)
- Weakened – Player Character Healing Is Reduced By 20% (10 points)
- Pyrrhic Victory – When A Player Character Blocks, Apply Stun to Them (12 points)
- Blinded by Power – When A Player Character Uses Their Ultimate, They Gain Blind (this is annoying, but it is not lethal if you are careful with your skill rotations – it changes nothing on Nodes 5 and 10) (15 points)
- Experimental Serum III – Enemies Gain 30% Max Health (15 points)
- The End is Near – When A Player Character’s Health Drops Below 50% of Max Health, Apply Trauma to Them (15 points)
- Power Fatigue II – Player Character Ultimate Abilities Cost 1 More Ability Energy (be careful with this, especially on nodes 5 and 10 – you will need almost all CDs ready for node 10) (20 points)
Scourges that make things very hard and change the course of battles:
- Fool me Twice – When an enemy takes Damage, they gain Speed-Up for +2 Turns (10 points)
- Strong Opener – On Spawn, Enemies Gain Immunity (10 points)
- Bleeder I – When A Player Character Takes Damage, They Gain Bleed (12 points)
- Dark Rally – When A Player Character Uses Their Ultimate Ability, All Enemies Gain 1 Ability Energy (this makes things almost impossible on Node 5 in particular) (17 points)
- Vile Resurgence – On an Enemy’s Turn, They Gain Offense Up (23 points)
- No Help Coming – On Turn, apply 2 Heal blocks to player Characters (Web Warriors will not survive with this Scourge regardless of their power)
Videos that we will provide show battles with all Scourges from the list of “Active Scourges”. That is enough to claim all existing rewards. This is the expected number of points:
In our previous article, I proposed different teams. Since I increased Scourge Challenge, I had to make some adjustments. Also, I have used Dormammu on Nodes 6-9, because in my opinion, the majority of players looking to achieve 1.5 million points have Dormammu already.
These are the teams that I have used:
- Node 1 – Spider Weaver, Red Hulk, Rogue, Spider-Man (2099), Gambit
- Node 2 – Red Hulk, Ikaris, Rogue, Sersi, Kestrel
- Node 3 – Wong, Rogue, Red Hulk, Morgan Le Fay, Agatha Harkness
- Node 4 – Wong, Rogue, Red Hulk, Morgan Le Fay, Agatha Harkness
- Node 5 – Ghost-Spider, Scarlet Spider, Spider-Man, Spider-Man [Miles], Spider-Punk
- Node 6 – Omega Red, Doctor Doom, Dormammu/Strange [Heartless], Morgan Le Fay, Agatha Harkness
- Node 7 – Omega Red, Doctor Doom, Dormammu/Strange [Heartless], Morgan Le Fay, Agatha Harkness
- Node 8 – Ikaris, Deathpoll, Dormammu/Adam Warlock, Strange [Heartless], Sersi
- Node 9 – Ikaris, Deathpoll, Dormammu/Adam Warlock, Strange [Heartless], Sersi
- Node 10 – Ghost-Spider, Scarlet Spider, Spider-Man, Spider-Man [Miles], Spider-Punk
First Hero Node will be really easy if you bring the Tangled-Web duo alongside Red Hulk and Rogue with you. You just need to prevent Silver Samurai and kill Phyla-Vell before she can cleanse debuffs from her allies.
You should not have any difficulties but it will be important that your Red Hulk save his ultimate for Node 2.
The second Hero Node will be easy as long as you can open battle with Red Hulk’s ultimate and control enemy de-buffers and damage dealers in the first wave.
You will be forced to use Eternals here to preserve Horseman HP for Nodes 3 and 4. It will be a lot easier for you, but you need to be careful regarding their CDs – Sersi and Ikaris must have their abilities ready for Node 8!
In Node 3 your first task will be to neutralize Shang Chi. It would be good to place Disrupt on Ms. Marvel with MLFs ultimate which will prevent Ms. Marvel to taunt and be annoying.
With Agatha and Wong alongside Horsemen, there will be no need to use Red Hulk’s ultimate here. The same goes for Rogue’s special and ultimate.
In short, you will have everything under your control with this setup even without using all weapons at your disposal.
If you preserved Rogue’s and Red Hulk’s abilities in Node 3, Node 4 will be a walk in the park. Both Rogue and Red Hulk will be used here for the last time, so you can use all they offer freely.
At the start, make sure that Colossus and Juggernaut can’t taunt. When the second wave spawns, you will have to neutralize Rescue while preventing Iron Man and War Machine making any harm. Honestly, there shouldn’t be any problems.
However, keep in mind that both Agatha and MLF will be used on Nodes 6 and 7, so try to build their Ability Energy to be ready for what comes next.
For Node 5 several things have to be done:
- Spider-Man [Miles] ultimate must be at maximum level (7)
- Disrupt must be placed on Dagger and Kitty Pryde or at least one of them
- Spider-Man must be strong enough so his special is not resisted (give him Skirmisher if you must). It also must affect all targets with Slow at least.
- Kill Bishop and dagger as fast as possible, after which you should focus on T’Challa (Kitty should die from AOE if you are lucky)
- Spider-Man must have his ultimate ready when Cloak spawns and he can’t miss (this is a tricky one but even if he misses you can control the battle if you have enough Evades on your characters)
- After killing Cloak prolong the battle, because you will need all CDs ready or almost ready (1 Ability Energy short) for Node 10
There is no easy way to clear this mission and be prepared for mission 10, so accept the fact that you will have to do it again and again.
Mission 6 will be easy with Dormammu, MLF, Agatha, Omega Red, and Doctor Doom. If you don’t have Dormammu, you can replace him with numerous other characters such as Strange [Heartless] for example.
The only thing you need to do is to prevent Mister Sinister from cloning some of your characters and to preserve Dormammu’s, DDs, and ORs ultimate for Node 7. It shouldn’t be hard as long as you control Black Bolt preventing him from causing you any harm.
If you preserved DDs and Omega Red’s ultimate this Node will also be easy for you. Agatha and MLF will not be used afterward so you will not have to worry about their CDs. Agatha’s Drain and DD’s ultimate will make sure that everyone remains alive.
Silver Surfer and Deathpool together are not empty threats so you should be careful against them. It would be best to preserve Dormammu’s ultimate for Node 8. As you can see, I only used Dormammus basic so everything would be the same even without him.
On Node 8 your main task will be to prevent Omega Red from becoming a nuisance. If you preserved Sersi’s special from Node 2, this will not be an issue. If you didn’t, make sure that Omega Red is down before he can use his ultimate.
When the second wave spawns, Lady Deathstrike will be your greatest threat. Make sure that she is killed fast before she can swarm you with Bleeds. At the same time, you must kill Hela before she moves.
As you can see all of this is doable without Dormammu and his abilities. Having him makes things easier but it is doable without him. Anyway, if you have him, save his ultimate for Node 9.
There is one important thing though, Sersi and Ikaris MUST have their cooldowns ready for Node 9!
Node 9 is easy. I decided to show you a video of Node 9 with Heartless almost dead (he will die instantly) and Kestrel with half HP. Also in this Video, Dormammu will not have his ultimate ready.
The whole point of all this is to show you how easy Node 9 is if you have Ikaris and Sersi at full Ability Energy. As you can see, they will easily obliterate the first wave regardless of their power (my Ikaris and Sersi are both below 150k).
The tricky part is the second wave of this node but you will have an answer for that too. Ikaris special makes additional damage against targets with Deflect, so make sure that his special is ready and used against Sam, maria, and Kingpin – that will remove all their Deflects and instantly halve their HP.
It would be good to Stun Kestrel at this point while focusing your damage against Maria Hill. If your Dormammu has his ultimate ready at this point you will instantly finish the mission. If you don’t have Dormammu, just follow the moves of Eternals as I did in the video – it is really easy if you know the weaknesses of your enemies.
Node 10 is really hard and it would be best to have strong Dark hunters to soften the node before attacking with WW. However, it can be done even without them if you are lucky and follow my instructions. Here is what you have to do:
- Do not play if Thanos Taunts you at the start – just start over
- Spider-Man must avoid being debuffed with Offense Down. He must have a clear Offense Up before using his special. With his special, he must target Colossus first in order to affect all enemies.
- Do not use Gwen’s special until she is without Offense Down – use her basic instead to remove buffs from Ebony Maw (she will need Skirmisher obviously).
- Do not use Spider-Man [Miles] ultimate until he is without Offense Down – even without it a really small chance for him to place Disrupt on Colossus (which is mandatory if you fail to place Ability Block on him with Gwen). He also needs Skirmisher and should be focused on Ebony Maw if he is under Offense Down.
- Prevent Cyclops from triggering his second turn and his ultimate – use Slow and Mile’s special if needed.
- Kill Colossus before the second wave or at least kill him before Phoenix can play.
- Do not let Storm use her special and kill her right after Ebony Maw, Cyclops, and Colossus
- Use Spider-Man Stun on Phoenix before she can use her special
- Kill Magik before Phoenix spawns Dark Phoenix
- Try to eliminate Psylocke before Dark Phoenix spawns
- In perfect conditions when Dark Phoenix spawns everyone else but Corvus Glaive will be dead.
To reach perfect conditions you will lose a lot of nerve and time, but there is no easy way of doing it. As you can see it can be done with only Web Warriors. I have even done it several times while trying to provide you with the best and most helpful content.
Hopefully, this will help you in the end 🙂